[Devel] Varius problems setuping planet.

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Tue Jun 22 02:21:05 EST 2004

Juan Pablo Mendoza wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 10:18, Scott James Remnant wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 10:05 -0500, Juan Pablo Mendoza wrote:

>>>searched the archives and found someone with a similar problem, didn't
>>>find if or how he fixed it however, also feedparser.py says:
>>>
>>>2.7.4 - 1/14/2004 - MAP - added workaround for improperly formed <br/>
>>>tags in encoded HTML (skadz);
>>>
>>>However the problem is still there ...
>>>

>>Yeah, I've been utterly unable to get to the bottom of this one so
>>far :-(
>>

>Is there any workaround ? it wouln't be a problem if it just changed to
>in the rendered page.

As mentioned earlier on the list, you can postprocess the RSS feed files
to convert the "<br/ >" syntax
to the one that does not have a space.

Actually, I think that <div> has the same issue. Did you notice any <div>
as well in the Planet output?

The <br/ > syntax (with space) is valid syntax (XHTML). As such, it
should really be fixed in the code.

simos