[Devel] New features?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Oct 11 15:59:41 EST 2004

<quote who="Ben Scent">

> * Ability to log in and select which feeds you use

Currently, Planet is just a cron job tool, not a dynamic web application.
You could develop a sister product to do this, however. :-)

> * Groups
> Is there any way to group feeds together, and have different Planet
> pages generated for the different groups--or would I need to use two
> different installations for that? I would like to create an aggregator
> for blogs related to my college. I want one page to show entries by
> current undergraduates, one to show just alums' blogs, and one to show
> all the talk from both communities.

I just use the same installation, but two separate configuration files.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Boston Summit                                       October 9-11, 2004

     "Linux is not like Novell, it isn't going to run out of money - it
              started off bankrupt, in a way." - Steve Ballmer