[Devel] New features?

Mary Gardiner mary-planet at puzzling.org
Mon Oct 11 17:50:23 EST 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Ben Scent">
> > * Ability to log in and select which feeds you use
>
> Currently, Planet is just a cron job tool, not a dynamic web application.
> You could develop a sister product to do this, however. :-)

Speaking of logging in in a way though would work with a cron job tool,
it would be good to be able to log into feeds protected by HTTP Basic
Auth. (I have some planets hidden behind HTTP Basic Auth myself, so I'm
not intending to use this feature to republish people's private feeds in
a Googlable way!)

I'd add this features to my branch, but suddenly it has a 95% conflict
with upstream that arch wants me to merge by hand. (The reason I have a
branch is for three features: ability to detect if planet has changed
since last update; ability to generate new pages only if this is so; and
ability to ping technorati etc if this is so.)

-Mary