[Devel] help needed

Adam Crosby acrosby at nps.k12.va.us
Mon Oct 25 22:32:03 EST 2004

I had the same problem the first time I ran planet.py - you have to
create an empty directory called 'cache' in the directory with your
config.ini for the default setting to work.
If you'd rather it sit somewhere else, just change the variable
'cache_dir' in config.ini to point to the path you want the files to be
saved.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004, Rob Annable wrote:
> I thought that might be the case, but I couldn't figure out where it
> wanted the directory to be. This line threw me:
>
> <cache/rob.annable.co.uk.journal.cgi.index.rss10,times>
>
> ?

That's the path of the file it's trying to open (wrapped in <  and >).
Python's "open" command will fail if the directory doesn't exist.

It wants the "cache" directory to be under the directory with the
config.ini file, so something like this:

Your "something" directory contains:
 - config.ini
 - (probably) some template files
 - a cache directory