[Devel] category support

Sita-pati das sitapati at worldsankirtan.net
Sun Oct 31 07:57:01 EST 2004

seth vidal wrote:

>Hi folks,
> anyone working on category support in planet planet?
>so I could retrieve blogs based on the <category> rss tag or the
>equivalent in atom, etc?
>
>it'd be nice to have:
>
>[somefeed]
>name=some guy
>category="some guy diary"
>
>-sv

I've done this. Importation of selected categories from feeds.

I took it a little further and added a sections property to the planet
by creating a new subclass "ezine". There is category to section mapping
in the configuration file.

You can see my planet here: http://www.worldsankirtan.net and the output
of my ezine code here: http://www.worldsankirtan.net/ezine/archives/2.html.

I have been keeping track of what I am doing here:
http://www.worldsankirtan.info/ezine

I was going to make it super compatible with Planet Planet, but I'm not
sure how far I've gone off track here.

The code is a bit rough and I'm still working it, but you are welcome to it.

joshua