where to truncate?

Michel Klijmij michel at klijmij.net
Tue Jun 6 16:46:41 EST 2006

Op ma, 05-06-2006 te 22:58 -0400, schreef Mike Lyda:
> So how do I truncate their giant entries down to a nice summary like
> this:  http://fullasagoog.com/   and how can I force their images to
> display at a certain (maxsize=180) size so the images don't take over?

As far as I know, you can't. All you can do is use CSS to set the
maximum width/height, but this has no effect on the original image,
which after all is on the owner's server.

> Or.. can I check for a summary and if one exists then use it.. and if not
> then truncate the content down to say 60 words?

You can like this in your template:
<TMPL_IF summary>
	<TMPL_VAR summary>
<TMPL_ELSE>
	<TMPL_VAR content>
</TMPL_IF>

If there's a summary, it will use that, otherwise it will use the full
content of the feed.

--
Kind regards,

Michel Klijmij