1.0 vs. new features [Was: Limit Posting Length]

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Jun 8 01:38:33 EST 2006

<quote who="Sam Ruby">

> * Note to Jeff: please release a Planet 1.0 ASAP so that we can *
> * begin collaborating on features such as these.  Thank you.    *

It's not so much 1.0 in the way of collaborating on these, as available
bandwidth and lack of separate branches. There are features I'd take on
trunk immediately if they were separated out, but I don't want to do it
revision-by-revision (aside from a few well-defined fixes here and there).

For instance, the reading list and server features are cool, but I'm not
fully convinced by some of the implementation details. I'd shy away from
pulling feedparser pre-releases, but you're maintaining it, so I'm less
concerned. A good feed-truncation feature/option probably wouldn't be too
controversial, though (on trunk, at least).

I'll dig right in on the tough stuff once 1.0 is out, but in the mean time,
separate feature branches would make the simple stuff much easier to pull
in. With bzr, branches are easy and non-scary! :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--

              "We are not complete muppets." - Murray Cumming