Blogspot posts update issue

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Wed Apr 11 05:13:33 EST 2007

Yasen Pramatarov wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I'm using Planet Venus for the planet located at
> http://planet.fsa-bg.org
>  It works fine, but there is one very annoying problem - when a post in
> a blogspot/blogger weblog is being updated, the planet "pushes" it to
> the top of the list. It looks like Venus is taking the <updated> tag in
> the atom feed for a <published> tag.
>
>  There is no need to push the updated posts to the top. It's a normal
> thing one to go back and fix a typo in one's blog post. And Venus is
> not messing the dates of any other blogs I have used. Just the
> blogger/blogspot.

The definition of atom:updated indicates that the blog post was updated
in a way that the publisher considers significant, and further goes on
to state that not all modifications necessarily result in a changed
atom:updated value. [1]

That being said, it may be the case that you want to instruct Venus to
ignore 'updated' values in a specific feed, or in all feeds.  Simply add
the following to either the section for the specific feed, or to the
[planet] section if you want it to apply to all feeds:

   ignore_in_feed: updated

For more information, see the overrides information in the Venus
documentation[2].

- Sam Ruby

[1]
http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/atom-format-spec.php#element.updated