Venus and lxml

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Sat Jul 7 20:07:42 EST 2007

Dethe Elza wrote:

> I could compile and install libxml, libxml-dev, libxslt, and
> libsxlt-dev, but that would be a PITA. On the other hand, lxml (which
> includes libxml and libxslt, but with an ElementTree-based API) is
> installable via easy_install.  So I modified planet/shell/xslt.py to use
> lxml instead of the libxslt python wrapper.  Below is the single
> function I changed.

A few things.  Without libxml2, you still can run htmltmpl, django, and
genshi filters.

And (at the moment, at least) the mememe.plugin uses libxml2.

That being said, I like the idea of using lxml's xslt if it is
available.  But if lxlml is not available, I would like to be able to
continue to use libxml2.

If nobody beats me to it, I will try to look into this early next week.

- Sam Ruby