different feed sources in the same template ( was Re: how to get the last n planet entries)

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sat Mar 10 01:47:31 EST 2007

En/na Michel Klijmij ha escrit:
> Op vrijdag 09-03-2007 om 10:37 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Pau Arumi:
>> and now i want to add the "last planet blogs" box. the problem is
>> that the news and planet feeds are different. and i'm also using
>> two different config.ini files.
>> i think planet can not do this directly. i'm thinking about two
>> 1) using frames to keep two different html pages
>> 2) building the final index.html by merging it from two sources
>> with a script
>
> I don't understand what you are trying to do exactly, but it sounds a
> bit like what I have done for my planet. It has the main part with all
> the blogs, and a small news part with news about the subject from other
> sources (so news articles and personal blogs are separate). This is done
> with 2 config.ini's, the news config is run first and generates a simpel
> file with a list of news headlines, and this file is included into the
> main planet with TMPL_INCLUDE, so it is done by planet (through
> htmltmpl). I use TMPL_INCLUDE a lot because I have several pages which
> are generated (the main page, a day page, a week page and some more
> fixed pages) which re-use the same templates.

yesw, that's exactly what i'm trying to do: news + personal blogs
in the same html.
good to know that you can that include trick. however, i don't
find any documentation of TMPL_INCLUDE in the source tree (is
there any?). so could you provide an example?

i guess that it works like a C #include that inlines the
specified file, which will contain a chunk of (generated) html.

thanks
pau