venus -n option

Morten Høybye Frederiksen morten at wasab.dk
Tue Mar 27 01:43:23 EST 2007

Hi,

On 3/25/07, Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net> wrote:
> My general advice is to treat the cache as the resource, not the xml.
> If, for example, you had a program which built a small database of file
> names and hashes of the content for each, subsequent runs would be able
> to tell which files are new and which files had changed.
FWIW: For my WordPress plugin [1] I simply record the modification
time and size of each file in the cache, and on subsequent runs only
reparse the files that are changed. Since I don't check the content, I
might miss out on some updates, but it's a lot faster not having to
load each entry.

[1] http://www.wasab.dk/morten/blog/archives/2006/10/22/wp-venus

Regards,
Morten