Venus and multithreading

Lawrence Oluyede l.oluyede at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 02:13:32 EST 2007

I noticed a problem in the multithreaded code with Venus using the
"spider_threads" configuration key.

I'm using Venus since today so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I put
the following in my custom config.ini:

[/Users/rhymes/Documents/basic.opml]
content_type = opml

That's because I wanted to try how Venus handles opml and let me say
it works great (with or without opmls) until it happened to catch
something he didn't parse correctly.

The URL feed is "http://www.b-list.org/feeds/entries" (which is valid)
and the error is here http://pastie.textmate.org/49585

And that's mostly fine by me. I think, if the parser fails let's go on
and drop the parsing of the URL. Venus instead goes in an infinite
loop and keeps trying again and again with the same error as above. It
seems the thread doesn't quit if some kind of errors arise.

Thank you for the great code, by the way :-)

--
Lawrence, oluyede.org - neropercaso.it
"It is difficult to get a man to understand