New venus showing only random selection of posts [runtests.py errors]

Mikael Nilsson mikael at nilsson.name
Sat May 22 06:36:53 EST 2010

fre 2010-05-21 klockan 14:14 -0400 skrev Sam Ruby:

> Just to give an update.  What 304 means is that the content hasn't
> changed.  This will often be the case if you run Venus again immediately
> after you have just run it.
>
> Not all servers return this status, some simply return the same content
> again, wasting their and your bandwidth, and requiring Venus to
> reprocess the same content.

Yes, that is clear to me, and consistent with what happens.

> Meanwhile, mbrubeck fixed a bug in link checking that would cause links
> to be lost:
>
> http://github.com/rubys/venus/commit/6a29b0ead8b3936fffa0e53d41fb5902cf9c47a0
>
> I've pushed that fix out to my git of Venus.  If you could try it and
> report back, I would appreciate it.

Right, that makes things a bit more consistent. As compared to my
previous runs,

I *don't* get

DEBUG:planet.runner:missing self link for http://missbesserwisser.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/piratpartiet?alt=rss
DEBUG:planet.runner:missing html link for http://missbesserwisser.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/piratpartiet?alt=rss

on the first run, *only* on the second run. As before, on the second run
onwards, my planet is empty with the above feed.

/Mikael